Tokyo, Japan, March 5, 2023, Chainwire
- More participants are expected before registration closes on Monday, March 6 at 11:59 PM PT.
- Participating startups will be mentored by senior executives from Sony, Astar Network, Microsoft, AWS, Dragonfly and Blockdaemon.
Astar Network, a multi-chain smart contract platform, is pleased to announce that the Web3 Incubation Program, co-organized with Sony Network Communications, Inc., a Sony Group operating company, has received an overwhelming response from developers around the world. I am pleased to
The Incubation Program began accepting applications on February 17, 2023 and has received over 150 registrations. Registration will close on Monday, March 6 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.Interested developers can submit their applications before the deadline Following page.
The Web3 Incubation Program by Sony Network Communications and Astar runs from mid-March to mid-June. Both Sony Network Communications and the Astar Foundation review all applications and determine 10-15 cohorts. Sony and Astar will organize the incubation program in collaboration with Astar Network CEO Sota Watanabe’s Singapore-based Startale Labs.
Sota Watanabe, CEO of Startale Labs and Astar Network, said:We are amazed to see our developer community growing so quickly and welcome new projects to join Sony Network Communications’ Web3 Incubation Program. We are ready to start the next phase of our program. Incubated projects are launched in collaboration with an elite group of mentors such as AWS, Polychain, and Microsoft.”
Sony Network Communications explores how blockchain technology can solve various problems in the industry. This incubation program with Astar Network will help you find relevant Web3 solutions quickly. They will combine their resources and expertise to jointly foster his Web3 project focused on the utility of NFTs and DAOs.
The program invites participants from all over the world, regardless of Web3’s start-up phase. Includes learning sessions with global VC firms such as Dragonfly, Fenbushi Capital and Alchemy Ventures. and Web3 corporate as well as business and technology strategy workshops. Mentorship sessions will include senior executives and industry veterans, including:
- Ryohei Suzuki, Director, Sony Network Communications Singapore
- Teemu Pohjola, Sony R&D Center Brussels Lab General Manager (Deputy Director)
- Sota Watanabe, Founder of Astar Network and CEO of Startale Labs
- Maarten Henskens, Chief Growth Officer, Astar Network
- Andrew Vranjes, Vice President of Sales and General Manager of APAC, Blockdaemon
- Ben Perszyk, Partner at Polychain
- Bill Laboon, Director of Education and Grants, Web3 Foundation
- Dmitry Lapidus, Investment Partner at Dragonfly
- Wei Shi Khai, General Partner and COO of LongHash Ventures
- Fenbushi Capital Investor and Researcher Yuki Yuminaga
- Michael Smith Jr., GM, Microsoft for Startups APAC
- Lillian So, Web3 Lead for AWS Singapore
- Roy, Partner at HashKey Capital
- Santiago Balaguer, Parity BD Reed
In mid-June, during Japan Blockchain Week, an offline demo day will be held at the Sony Group headquarters in Tokyo. Promising companies will be considered for investment by Sony Network Communications.
About Sony Network Communications
The Sony Group is engaged in a wide range of businesses, including game & network services, music, video, entertainment technology & services, imaging & sensing solutions, and financial services. As an operating company of the Sony Group, Sony Network Communications develops communication business, IoT business, AI business, and solution service business, and utilizes the assets of the Sony Group to promote new businesses. In April 2022, Sony Network Communications established Sony Network Communications Singapore Pte. Ltd. Ltd. in Singapore to conduct NFT-related development outsourcing and consulting business.
About Aster Network
Astar Network supports building dApps using EVM and WASM smart contracts, offering developers true interoperability with Cross-Consensus Messaging (XCM) and Cross-Virtual Machines (XVM). Astar’s unique Build2Earn model allows developers to get paid for their code and the dApps they build through his dApp staking mechanism.
One of the first parachains to appear in the Polkadot ecosystem, Astar is a vibrant network supported by all major exchanges and Tier 1 VCs. Astar offers the flexibility of all his Ethereum and WASM tools for developers to start building dApps. To accelerate the growth of Polkadot and Kusama Networks, Aster Space Lab Provides an incubation hub for top TVL dApps.
For more information, see:
Maarten Henskens [email protected]